My FT 1000MP problems...

py2ny at SP-gw.ampr.org py2ny at SP-gw.ampr.org
Sat Jun 29 21:31:16 EDT 1996

Thanks to people that gave me any suggestion abut my ne FT 1000MP. You can remember that first question was about FL 2000B + ra
dio, second was Heil Proset audio level with radio, and finally, the "transmission"! !
Well, all was Ok, but not the transmission. 1000MP is now with repairman in South part of Brazil, with unbelievable problem. St
op to key just one month after
bought... I wrote letters to Yaesu USA and Japan, and as soon as possible,
will talk about possible answers. And, of course, let's wait for repairman
analysis. We don't  know what happened with 1000MP...
All was OK, receiver is fine, AT working nice, and suddenly, no more
transmission. If you know same situation and have any suggestion, send
to me...
Despite of this problem, FT 1000MP is "dream radio"!!
Thanks for all friends that wrote to me, and hope cu sn, maybe
during IARU contest (will operate with my old TS 140S)
73 from PY2NY

>From tonyjw at primenet.com (Tony Wanschura)  Sun Jun 30 19:46:10 1996
From: tonyjw at primenet.com (Tony Wanschura) (Tony Wanschura)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 13:46:10 -0500
Subject: Need N3JT e-mail address

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Jim Talens, N3JT?  I've checked
all the data bases I know of, with no luck.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Tony KM0O     kayMOO

From: k7ss at wolfenet.com (Danny Eskenazi) (Danny Eskenazi)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 12:51:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: W7LVI/W7FR   memorial on Sunday

Another great one leaves us...  Morrie Shepard W7LVI and trustee of the
WWDXC W7FR call. passed on about 10 days ago.

Morrie could always be counted on for a QSO in just about every contest.  He
wasnt hard
core in the last 20 years, but could always be found on the band giving out
a contact to
anyone who was trying hard !

I cant recall one contest from any place Ive been, that didnt include W7LVI
-AND-  W7FR in the log.......he was extremly loyal the Western Washington DX
Club gang, and made a special
effort to find any member who was trying for a good score.   You might think
he was just one
of hundreds that get on for a casual run up and down the band, but to me and
the other
WWDXCers he was really special...

So now having given up my secret, 2 QSOs for the price of one........I will
fall back into the
pack score-wise, ..............back to where I first was before I knew
Morrie....

73 OT de K7SS

A gettogether for friends of W7LVI is gonna take place Sunday in Issaquah,
and if you cant make it, please take a moment around 2 pm local...(2100Z)
and have a good thought for Morrie....
It wont be the same without him...(send your good vibes via CW, the
preferred mode for him)
Danny Eskenazi
k7ss at wolfenet.com