WRTC

BK1ZX70SFL at aol.com BK1ZX70SFL at aol.com
Sat Mar 16 17:26:34 EST 1996

Ray, et al

Making a contest within a contest is as old as contesting itself....it is
fun.

The most recent interesting version I heard of was last year the WWDXC (?)
guys had a competition geared to the bottom of the sunspot cycle....who could
work the most countries on 20 during the ARRL (mebbe it was CQWW).

These types of contests are frequently the result of clun officers who are
able to keep their members interest alive, by creating mini events such as
this.

There is NOTHING to stop someone from creating a similar situation to the
WRTC guys, and out of curiousity seeing just how well they ended
up.....compared to the guns!

I plan on getting on for the Radiosport, but don't dare restrict myself to
the tribander and low power as I will feel real dumb when a bunch of these
guys kick my butt!

Just to be safe I think I'll enter as monoband 10 meters, that should be a
safehaven!

Jim  zx