DL1IAO at sugarland.ampr.org DL1IAO at sugarland.ampr.org
Fri Mar 15 05:01:01 EST 1996

Thanks everybody for the input!

I asked for a rotator which would be able to turn a large 20m
monoband yagi and some 15m yagi stacked above.  I did not mention
that I'm going to use a thrust bearing above the rotator, took this
for granted for such a project.

So, here is the summary in short.  I hope, nobody minds that I added
calls to the statements.  Just thought this could be of interest.

73,

Stefan
DL1IAO at sugarland.ampr.org

W3ZZ

  .  EMOTATOR products sell poorly in the US
  .  no factory support, even to the commercial rotator repairmen
  .  talked to Norm Jeweler who strongly recommends against EMOTATOR
     because they are poorly made and there is no source of parts
  .  likes the HAM IV / Tailtwister but suggests to use the M2
     OR2800 for such a project

N3RS

  .  uses an EMOTATOR 1300MSAX for 2 years to turn his 3el fullsize
     wide spaced 40m Yagi which weighs more than 225kg
  .  likes the construction and simple operation

K7LXC

  .  cast aluminium mast clamps of YAESU rotators don't hold very
     well and will break under stress
  .  recommends the HAM IV

KC2X

  .  likes his G2700SDX, but..
  .  broke 2 of the mast clamps
  .  reports that the display is very RF sensitive (2m RIG)

W9UI

  .  more important than the rotator is that the booms should be
     mounted in their physical center
  .  recommends boom extensions to establish this condition
  .  thrust bearing!
  .  Tailtwister will turn a large 20m yagi if well balanced

K1ZX

  .  satisfied user of a CREATE RC5B3

GW3YDX

  .  recommends RCS5B3, Tailtwister and G2700

K2UVG

  .  no maintenance from the factory for YAESU products
  .  clamping brackets will break under stress
  .  finally went to a Tailtwister to turn his PRO67B

KC1XX

  .  EMOTATOR broke after 1 year of service at K1EA's 40m Yagi
  .  G1000SDX might do the job, depending on wind load and weight of
     the 2 yagis

AE6Y

  .  has been using a G2700SDX for 3 1/2 years without any problem
  .  turned a 4el 20m, 6el 15/17m, 4el 10m with it and now uses
     it for his C4SXL and rotary 80m dipole
  .  rotates very fast!

[EOF]