N2GQSes confusion

BK1ZX70SFL at aol.com BK1ZX70SFL at aol.com
Mon Mar 18 19:10:08 EST 1996

...its just insecurity, that is all...just as quick as most contesters
(myself included) are at hitting F1, they are at summary judgement! It is a
fact that is all....and if you have been following this reflector at all, you
know we are all experts...just ask us. We are an agressive bunch of type A
personalities. (I am type Bravo during SS)

The contester instantaneously acertains a situation and reacts...sometimes he
is wrong, but not according to Bear Bryan...yup we sure do something, even if
it is wrong.

An interesting paralell to your observation is that the more recognizable
guys in CW contests will send their suffixes only when tail ending...believe
you me, K1AR does it a lot with the DXpedition groups in the Carribean - I
know this cuz he is usually beaming right at me as I tune across the band I
will hear a whomping: A R.

John has the amassed time in the contests that allows him to do what we all
espouse is bad to do....not send your full call! If good ops are on both ends
of the tailending QSO is the ultimate in rate enhancement.... translation: it
is a rush. It is way cool. It also goes against one of the most espoused
edicts of current day contesting - SEND YOUR WHOLE CALL!  This is not your
only anomale, GQS!

In summary (thank god he's stopped babbling) - yup you probably done right,
and you still got flamed....so what...you are a contester aren't you? I know
you haven't lived a perfect life on the contest weekends and more than once
have had to do the on-air version of flaming - K1AR QSY QSY QRL HR......

Sorry John....hee hee

As NP4Z says: "Just keep running"

Jim  K1ZX