News Flash-WE ARE READY!!!

ramirezk at emi.com ramirezk at emi.com
Tue Mar 26 05:27:12 EST 1996

 Had the greatest Conch in Garlic last night!! We also downed a
bottle of rum to celebrate the completion of the station at
KP4XS! Everything is working great! The 40m ground plane with
elevated radials at 16 feet outperforms the inverted vee and
dipole by 2 s units to USA. Europe is loud on 40 and 80 meters.
 Got the 160m dipole up at 80 feet over the valley and looking
at USA. AA6KX working USA and Europe the other night on 160 but
too much rum last night to work anyone! Have heard USA on 15m
sporadically. No Europeans on 15m yet. Havent't listened on 10m
yet. S55oo has tried Conch, Octopus, Rice and Beans, Grouper,
Plantains and Garlic, and more and is loving every bite! My head
is aching from that bottle of rum...
The WX has been perfect! 70-85 degrees and SUNNY. We are all
many shades darker than when we first arrived. AA6KX going on a
Dive tour this morning which will free up 40m for someone else
for awhile! The SB 220 still going strong s is the AL-811 even
with 117vac power drops as low as 90 volts A/C!
 The Alpha 87 is a pain in the ass! Bruce had to  restrap for
220 instead of 240 due to many fault resets.
  We are off to sightsee in the mountains today. See you all
 this weekend in WPX SSB Look for us on ll bands 10-160m.
 73  KP4XS,AA6KX,K3JT,S55oo,ND3F,KF3P,WD8ISK