More Power, the real rule

W8JITom at aol.com W8JITom at aol.com
Sat Mar 30 16:19:44 EST 1996

97.313a "An amateur station must use the minimum transmitter power necessary
to carry out the desired communications."

Within the FCC's jurisdiction, if you've EVER used more power than necessary
to communicate with someone else, you've broken section "a" of the power
rules.

Section "a", top of the list, first one! Not section "b" or "c".

Anyone following all rules to the letter, go ahead and tell us what you don't
like about others. You are the ONLY ones that have truly earned the right to
complain.

The rest of us are a bunch of scofflaws. After all, if we break one law, we
must break many more. Such logic!

73 Tom