40 meter kit-CREATE

einst at mbox.vol.it einst at mbox.vol.it
Wed May 1 01:28:10 EDT 1996

I have a 3-bands yagi beam antenna, type 418 jr CREATE. Anybody kmows if a
kit for the 40 meters band exist.
De I8BVW

From: jneiger at xti.com (James B. Neiger) (James B. Neiger)
Date: Thu,  4 Apr 96 13:28:46 PST
Subject: SHORTEN WPX?

I always thought that one of the fundamental benefits of contesting was
that it gave you an opportunity TO OPERATE.  Therefore, I don't understand
these earnest desires by KM9P, VK5GN, and others to actually SHORTEN
contests.  At the rate we're going, the contests of the future will be one
hour long so that we can all sit around and use the remaining 47 hours to
contemplate why contesting is dying and they're no longer fun.

As a serious contest expeditioner, I truly welcomed the move of the WPX
from 30 hours to 36 hours, and I'd be even happier if it was extended to
48 hours.  And contrary to what KM9P apparently believes, some of us are
still doing 48-straight, and lovin' it.  I liken the 48-hour contest to
running the marathon where endurance should be (and is) a definite measure
of total skill.  And if senior citizens like N6TJ, OH2MM, and others can
still do 48-straight, why can't these young whipper-snappers today cut the
mustard?

                       Vy 73

                           Jim Neiger   N6TJ

                           jneiger at xti.com