SU2MT contest QSLs

R. Sigismonti sig at newtech.net
Tue May 21 22:57:42 EDT 1996

I don't usually comment on things I read on here, but I would like to
point out that whoever the op was at SU2MT a couple of contest back,
he generated lot's of ill will on my part when he refused to QSO us
on all bands in the contest.  It started out on 40M where I was the
op and was having difficulty hearing him with all the long calls from
stateside.  He was not working split and because I didn't hear him
come back to someone else, he told me we were black balled for the
rest of the contest.  I have seen lot's of unfriendly operating in my
time, but that took the cake.

I guess I couldn't care less about who to send QSL's to.  Didn't work
him on any band to get a QSL.  I KNOW he was hearing us.  Oh well,
others will be on from Z34 (I hope).

> Date:          Tue, 21 May 1996 13:11:12 -0700 (PDT)
> From:          tree at lady.blindchicken.com (Larry Tyree)
> To:            cq-contest at tgv.com
> Subject:       SU2MT contest QSLs

> I recently became aware of a situation that I feel obligated to comment
> on (read: I need a real job).
>
> Evidently, there has been some talk on some of the reflectors about
> the lack of QSLs from SU2MT when W6NV and K6NA were operating there.
>
> I even had someone ask me to add a new feature to my program so they
> could preload the dupesheet with these callsigns, so they wouldn't work
> them in the contests!
>
> I asked Glenn about this and received the following response:
>
> > ... the fact is I am bound by the wishes of the station owner who
> > at present requires his QSLs direct only.
>
> Glenn notes that he and Oli have never been advertised as QSL managers
> for this station.  He is hopeful that this situation will change and
> they will be able to QSL 100 percent via the bureau.
>
> I think some people owe Glenn and Oli an apology.
>
> 73 Tree N6TR
> tree at contesting.com

de Sig, N3RS
sig at newtech.net