cw speed control - a

Bobby Webb wb5b at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 10 23:13:10 EST 1996

bill.lumnitzer at paonline.com wrote:

> How can you assume the APPROPRIATE speed is THEIR sending speed?
> I never QRS just because the other station is sending slower - they
> usually get it just fine. Besides, copying most contest exchanges is
> just not that hard!
>
> 73 Bill N6CQ/3

I always slow down to the senders speed because, for no other reason,
it may be someone interested in getting into contesting. We certainly
need some new blood in the contest ranks, primarily CW, and I'm not
going to take the chance of discouraging some newbie away just to show
him/her that I can send ## WPM.

Bobby / WB5B
wb5b at ix.netcom.com