QSO B4!!!!

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Nov 18 22:16:36 EST 1996

> If two guys are
>CQing 500 Hz or so apart, it is not unusual for to both think that they
>are working the same station. I know who I called. After this happened
>a half a dozen times, I used the [Insert] = F2 + F5 rather than just the
>Exchange (F5) key. This sends the callsign of the station that I'm working
>before the exchange.

Hi, Steve --

     I guess I didn't know that people WEREN'T doing this as a matter of
course.  How do you acknowledge receipt of the exchange?  Or do you decide
that "I guess he worked me"?  The operative word here is 'guess'.  Do you
confirm the exchange with the other operator or just assume he got it?
 Operative word is ass-u-me.

   I'm not trying to pick on you, Steve, but if I don't get a QSL, I don't
log it.  I can see where this might lead to confusion later on but it's
obvious that sloppy operating contributes to this problem. It's cases like
this that is more likely the fault of the running station. I'm not that
fastidious but I'm trying to produce an accurate as log as I can. Also, I
always try to confirm something that I'm not sure about. If I get the call
wrong, I send the corrected call (or ck or serial number) as part of my TU to
let the station know I corrected it. Am I that naive?

    My one regret is that I didn't do the whole contest.  After 2 hours into
the contest, even though K7QQ was at #300 and I was at #100 - I should've
hung in there.  I might have passed up the Top Ten box.  Wait 'til next year!

73 and hope everyone had as much fun as I did,  Steve  K7LXC