telnet

k4sb at avana.net k4sb at avana.net
Fri Nov 22 06:54:27 EST 1996

HAM.JAXNET.COM is a very good one. Think we need a summary here.

Best

Ed
-------------------------------------
Name: Ed Sleight
E-mail: k4sb at avana.net
Date: 11/22/96
Time: 6:53:10 AM
-------------------------------------

From: n4bp at shadow.net (Bob Patten) (Bob Patten)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 02:15:27 -0500 (EST)
Subject: What Rig?

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, KE5FI wrote:

> Graham Crosby wrote:
> >
> > I have not kept up with the new HF rigs on the market. What would be a good
> > one for someone who would like to get started in contesting?
>
> The Icom 775dsp is the best rig currently on the market.

That sounds like a pretty final statement.  But my experience over the
years has been that the best piece of equipment available is always the
one that the one reporting happens to own...  Of course, the FT-1000MP is
really the best rig currently on the market :) :)

Bob Patten, N4BP

From: n2uck at juno.com (Roman S Makuch) (Roman S Makuch)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 02:06:58 PST
Subject: Humorous SS incidents-from WB2JSJ

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996 23:22:16 -0500 BK1ZX70SFL at aol.com writes:
>I am sorry, but I take your remarks as being offensive.
>
>k4oj
>
>p.s. my shoes are made by Bass.

A fish made your shoes?

N2UCK

From: wfeidt at cpcug.org (Bill Feidt) (Bill Feidt)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 05:13:08 -0500
Subject: telnet

At 06:54 AM 11/22/96 PST, k4sb at avana.net wrote:

>HAM.JAXNET.COM is a very good one. Think we need a summary here.

http://www.cpcug.org/user/wfeidt/Misc/cluster.html

                    Telnet Access to DX Packets Clusters

                           Courtesy of W2NA/V31DX

[Brief Cluster Tutorial][NG3K Home][Questions?]

Nota Bene:

   * European gateways may be charged by the byte so don't access them
     unless you have prior permission from the Sysop
   * Winsock Telnet clients may not work well with cluster connections; if
     available, try a telnet to a UNIX shell account first, and telnet to
     the cluster from there.

                                Open Systems

   DX       JNOS gateway        IP address   command loginpassword comment
Cluster name

 WU3V  gate.wu3v.net          206.104.42.245 DXC     call anything
East Coast
ega cluster

 WD5B  migate.ampr.org        206.153.72.61  C WD5B  call e-mail
Arkansas mega
luster

 WD5B  sapgate.freeway.net                   C WD5B  call e-mail
Arkansas mega
luster

 WD5B  wd5b.aetn.org          205.153.140.12 C DXARK call anything
Arkansas mega
luster

 KC8FT migate.ampr.org        206.153.72.61  DX      call e-mail
Michigan
luster

 KC8FT sapgate.freeway.net                   DX      call e-mail
Michigan
luster

 KC8FT wd5b.aetn.org          205.153.140.12 C DXIT  call e-mail
Michigan
luster

 KC8FT ham.jaxnet.com         204.183.221.30 C DXIT  call anything
Michigan
luster
 PY2XB sp-gw-py2bjo.ampr.org  143.108.1.123  C DXC   call anything

 N6ND  nespadr6.nosc.mil      128.49.212.82  DXC     call name
Southern Cal.
luster
 NO4J  ham.southeast.net      207.98.193.11  DXCLUS  call anything
North Florida
 KA4PKBdx.ka4pkb.ampr.org     205.241.25.11  DX      call anything
 N5UXT gw.n5uxt.ampr.org      44.108.2.31    DXC     call name
New Orleans
astern Sierra
 N7TR  gw-wadg.greatbasin.net 206.14.170.172 DXC     call anything Linked
DX-Contesters
                                                                   to W6GO
PacketCluster
etwork
orthwest
 W5AU  jnos.nwla.com          207.101.37.15  DXC     call E-mail   -
Louisiana DX
luster