CQWW_CW - or Why am I here?

Martin Ellis jmellis at ihug.co.nz
Mon Nov 25 15:10:11 EST 1996

Hi to the Contest gang.

Well the 10 meter band is in the doldrums again.
After some exciting openings in the last two weeks,
things were horribly flat on 10m for the CQWW_CW.

Heard nothing at the start of the contest, and only a few JA's
last night.  So nearly gave it away.

Today for the last session, the 10 M band opened from
the South Pacific to North America for the last 4 hours
of the contest.

First thru were:
Nov 24.	UTC	Call
	----	----
	1956	W4YV
	2007	K5GN
	2008	W3LPL
	2013	N2RM
	2014	N4QQ
	2018	N3RR
	2020	N4MM
	2045	K5NA
	2047	W4QJ
	2144	W6KFV
	2147	K0RF
	2148	AB7KS
	2151	W7EKM
	2157	N7HUS
	2159	W7EU
	2200	K6VX
	2303	W0AIH
	2304	N7RO
	2205	W7RN
	2005	WA5PAE
	2006	K4CSB
	2207	K3LR
	2209	N6NR
	2214	K5NU
	2219	WH6R
	2220	K9OM
	2221	N5NT
	2223	WA3OCG
	2226	KL7HF
	2229	N6ND
	2230	NL7G
	2247	KH8/N5OLS
	2252	N2IC
	2258	N5NMY
	2257	KS4LC
	2300	K6TAR
	2315	K6XV
	2317	N6GDS
	2238	JH5ZJS
	2342	VK4XA
	2347	K8CC

Thanks to these dedicated operators who will never quit!
-sorri for my shaky CW.

PS:
Solar flux over the contest was 83, 91 and 100. Any forecasts
for the ARRL 10 meter contest dates of December 14-15?

Cheers for now,

Martin ZL1ANJ
 < jmellis at ihug.co.nz >

***