ARRL 160 Meter Contest

hanina luria 4x4mu at shani.net
Fri Nov 29 23:31:17 EST 1996

From: kc7v at earthlink.net (Mike Fulcher) (Mike Fulcher)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 16:27:22 -0700
Subject: EQ4A , Y63A

Anyone know the real country of these 2 calls worked  during the cw test?

Y63A
EQ4A

Thanks,

Mike

                        ===================
                         Mike Fulcher KC7V
                     One of the "VOO-DUDES"
                       VooDoo Contest Group
            ("VooDoo" - White magic from Africa)

From: bhorn at netcom.com (Bruce Horn) (Bruce Horn)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 09:05:40 -0800
Subject: 2 Radio Station Design

Hi,

I'm interested in how those contesters who operate single op, two radio,
have designed the layout of their equipment. Please take a moment to
respond to the following questions. I'll summarize the responses to the
reflector.

These questions assume using two transceivers, one used as a run station
and one used for S&P, and computerized logging. Describe layouts from the
viewpoint of the operator.

1. Describe how you currently have your transceivers, keyboard(s), computer
monitor(s) arranged?  (e.g. vertically stacked transceivers,
monitor/keyboard to right of transceivers)

2. How do you control the frequency of the transceiver used for S&Ping?
(e.g. knob on transceiver, remote VFO knob, computer keyboard, etc.)

3. Do you believe your current equipment layout is optimum?  If not, what
changes would you make?

4. Have you previously used layouts other than your current one?  If so,
what layouts and why did you change?

Thanks.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at netcom.com)