FCC Interference Handbooks

Bill Hider n3rr at erols.com
Thu Oct 31 00:46:38 EST 1996

Several of you have asked me for the address and URL of the FCC
handbooks that I refered to in my recent contest posting so I thought
I'd send it out to the reflector and to the Eastcoast Megacluster.

One caution:  While the documents I reference here are available via the
FCC WWW Page, requesting the documents directly from the FCC (they're
free) will give you much higher quality, professional looking documents
which you can give to your neighbors.  Downloaded documents (even if
printed on a color printer) are not as impressive-looking, and that is
what you need if you are going to convince your neighbors that TVI/RFI
problems are the problem of the consumer.

So, with that in mind, here is the information:

The FCC Interference Handbook, which concerns interference to home
electronic equipment, is called: CIB Bulletin CIB-2, May 1995.

(CIB stands for: Compliance & Information Branch)

The Bulletin CIB-10, August 1995, concerns radio interference to
telephones.

To request copies of these documents directly from the FCC, send your
request directly to the FCC at:

Federal Communications Commission
FORMS DISTRIBUTION CENTER
2802 52nd Avenue
Hyattsville, Maryland 20781

Indicate the Bulletin number, date and quantity desired

These Bulletins are available for download at the following URLs:

http://www.fcc.gov/cib/Publications/tvibook.html

and

http://www.fcc.gov/cib/Publications/phone.html

Good luck !!