The ultimate contest web page

CT1BOH Jose Carlos Cardoso Nunes ct1boh at mail.telepac.pt
Sat Sep 14 09:02:52 EDT 1996

The ultimate Contest web page.

http://www.4w.com/deemer/zd8z.htm

What a laugh......

Don't forget to work that double multiplier....it will do good to your
score!

Jose
ct1boh at mail.telepac.pt

From: mtope at iu.net (Michael Tope) (Michael Tope)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 06:45:36 -0400
Subject: More Confessions of the Ethically Challenged

In reviewing my Sept 96 CW Sprint log I have found another issue with
ethical implications. I loaded my log into Microsoft Excel and peformed a
sort by callsign. This listing has several advantages, first it allows you
to easily see which stations were worked on only one band, which were worked
on two bands, and which stations were worked on all three. It also allows
you to double check to see if the names,states, and numbers (i.e. causality)
match up on the 2 band and 3 band qsos. Finally, it allows you to look for
busted calls. In the process of doing this, I found what appears to be an
obviously busted call - name and state match, but callsigns differ by one
symbol of one morse character. A quick check of the UALR callsign server
seems to rule out the possibility of this being a coincidence - i.e. two
guys with the same name and state, and very similar calls. Would it be
considered unethical for me make the correction before submitting my log? Or
would it be more appropriate of me to not claim the qso, thus avoiding the
busted call penalty, and at the same time preserving the real time integrity
of the log?

Michael Tope, AD4VH (ex KD8NS)
200 Easy Street
Melbourne, FL 32934
Phone: (407) 259-7494
Eail: mtope at iu.net
"It is the empty space inside the vessel that makes it useful" - Lao Tzu