using .wav files for voice keying

AE6Y at aol.com AE6Y at aol.com
Wed Sep 18 11:50:38 EDT 1996

Hi Dave.  Interesting question:  I am using wav files to do exactly that.  I
have a program that I wrote a few years ago in both dos and windows versions
to do the logging for CQP,. SS and WPX contests.  Last year I added voice
keying to the windows version (written in VB2).  I have the program send
cq's, etc and also exchanges and callsigns.  The latter is done by piecing
together wav files, then playing them through a soundblaster card.  I take
the output directly into the phonepatch input on the TX.
   There's some programming effort involved in getting the wav files to play
properly without time gaps, and there's quite a bit of art in recording them
so they sound ok together.  If you want to hear it, hopefully I'll be on CQP
in a few weeks using the program (I say hopefully because my trial schedule
may interfere).
  73, andy, ae6y