Hand Delivery of 610Vs

k4sb at avana.net k4sb at avana.net
Sun Sep 22 19:51:25 EDT 1996

OK guys, will trade you a few facts for one line which only some of you
will understand.

1.  Shadow delivered at 0000:01 Saturday morning. Comments NOT requested!

Well, for those of you have put out all the facts, and to lay all
the rumors to rest, so perhaps we can get back to business, here's what
happened.

Mellon set up 3 tables in the lobby  shortly before OOOO EDT on Friday
night, manned by 2 gentlemen and 1 lady from the Shift Supervisor's office.
All had date stamps in red ink. Behind them were business sized letter
holders ( plastic, sorta like you see people carrying mass mailings) There
were approximately 10 of us present. By unanimous vote, a XYL applying for
a KH6 call was allowed to go first. Second was a WB8 delivering his.
Next was Shadows.  ( you wouldn't believe how many Mellon Bank buildings
there are. I think I counted 6.

At exactly midnight, they began furiously stamping the envelopes and
placing them in letter trays. As the trays filled, someone took them
upstairs to the main office. The manager of the Lockbox Office assured me
earlier in the day that they intended processing them IN THE ORDER RECEIVED!
In other words, there is no dumping them all into one hugh box and no
lottery.. By 0020, the lobby was like a tomb.... I had taken along a book
to read, forgot it and took a cab back getting there again about 0030.
The place was deserted....

West Virginia is one of the most beautiful States I have ever seen. Drivers
in West Virginia are the most courteous I have ever seen. Pittsburgh has
some of the rudest people I have ever seen. I won't bother to comment on
the drivers, except to say I parked and took cabs.

I hope this information is helpful. I will not reply to any msg concerning
this one. I need a break.

73,

ED & Shadow

Name: ed sleight