[CQ-Contest] cw filters for TS940S

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 13:48:50 EST 1997

In a message dated 97-12-03 12:06:48 EST, k6ct at earthlink.net writes:

> I vaguely remember a company, Intl radio or something like that
>  who provided filtering. For you guys who use this rig, what would be the
>  first class way to go to bring Carlos's rig up to competition standards?

     The best filters available IMO are NOT the ones from the manufacturers
but from International Radio. I have a set (2 ssb, 2 cw) in my 940 and they
are FABULOUS!! Sharp, steep skirts are wonderful. You've never seen the KW
slope tuning work until you've got these plugged in. The low cut actually
cuts off the nearby low frequency 'growlers'.  Your radio will go from being
the family sedan to a racing machine.

     I understand that they have recently gotten new ownership and may have a
web page (the last one I have is www.qth.com/inrad).

     BTW, I also installed the dial rate speed device from them that slows
the tuning rate down and I would also recommend it highly. Very highly.

73,  Steve   K7LXC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com