[CQ-Contest] Flummoxed

Lee Buller k0wa at southwind.net
Wed Dec 3 15:45:14 EST 1997

You might have to look this up, but I am flummoxed.  I have a hankering to
trade rigs, but alas and alack...what do I look at?

The jury is mixed on the ICOM 756.  I liked the looks of the rig, but out
here in Kansas it is hard to see what it is all about.  Don't like to buy
that old "pig in a poke."

How about the FT920?

What I am looking for is something that has real filters (not all that DSP
fancy-schmancy stuff)...something that has filters for two IFs (like a
Kenwood 850S -etc)...something that has 6 meters (just for the fun of
it)...something that has a hot receiver...something that has some bells and
whistles.

I want to keep away from Kenwood.  Why?  I've owned either Heathkits or
Kenwoods so you can see where I have been.  Oh, I did own a Hallicrafters
FPM-300 once.  So, I am looking around for something different (must be a
mid-life crisis!).

I would like to spend around $2500.  I like contesting for all modes...and I
like Dxing for all modes.  I like to run rate on all modes, so I transmit a
lot. Any ideas out there?

For the sake of the reflector, email me direct and save the bandwidth.

Lee Buller
k0wa at southwind.net
"Flummoxed in Kansas!"

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com