[CQ-Contest] Re: W9XR' s experiment

AA4NC AA4NC at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 21:12:39 EST 1997

<< ARRL 160 Meter Contest Results

      W3GH  (Multi-op, W3GH & W9XR op's)
      789 Q's & 85 Mults for 137,190 points (Friday Night)

      W9XR  (Multi-op, W9XR & W3GH op's)
      952 Q's & 92 Mults for 180,946 points (Saturday Night)

 Needless to say we were busy giving out 1741 Q's with no overlapping
 of operating time. When the first station closed the second opened
 for the duration of the contest. This was a one radio effort operated
 in shifts. Our experiment shows that this contest is just too long >>

The good Doctor has a point....

Lets combine the 160 and 10m contests into a single weekend (24 hours each
contest). This will leave more time for Holiday partying!!!

I have found my operating category for next year, except I'm gonna do a W4MR
interpretation of how K8MR does SS. I'm gonna operate from 5 different
stations over the contest. Should be fun being perpetual "fresh meat"...

Happy holidaze,

Will AA4NC / W4MR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com