[CQ-Contest] Re: W9XR' s experiment

Jim Pratt n6ig at netcom.com
Tue Dec 9 17:04:44 EST 1997

> << ARRL 160 Meter Contest Results
>

>       W3GH  (Multi-op, W3GH & W9XR op's)
>       789 Q's & 85 Mults for 137,190 points (Friday Night)
>

>       W9XR  (Multi-op, W9XR & W3GH op's)
>       952 Q's & 92 Mults for 180,946 points (Saturday Night)

Gee, I did that last year as W6AX and N6IG.  Boy, did the contest
"community", at least as represented on the reflector here, have a fit!
I got all sorts of complaints, threats, and comments that people were
going to lobby the league to "put a stop to this" and change the rules.
After all, "it wasn't fair";  I couldn't really understand that thought,
I was giving EVERYONE ELSE two QSOs and I was removing myself from
serious competition in the Pacific Division.  And I was happy to see the
rules weren't changed.

I was going to try it this year with THREE callsigns, but am suffering a
serious case of contest burnout at the moments.  Thanks to the good
Doctor for keeping the tradition alive.

73 and Happy Holidaze...

Jim  N6IG

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com