[CQ-Contest] Contest Logs and QSLs

Gerald Caouette ve6nap at oanet.com
Mon Dec 8 22:33:38 EST 1997

Dick Dievendorff, K6KR wrote:

{{{ Major surgery was performed on this ))))

>  I'd rather have the card and be in
> control of the situation.
>
> Many actually enjoy handling the paper and having a concrete confirmation of the
> QSO. The QSL card is many things to many people.  To some, it's just a document
> required for one award.  To others it's much more.  I'm sure none of the guys
> who ask for my card need USA on 20 meters for the ARRL DXCC program.  It must be
> something else.
>
> 73 de Dick, K6KR

I agree with Dick in that for some of us the card is like your holiday
photos  and vidios

You don't always need to have them with you for every instant and may
find that other persons find the thrill of looking thru your old QSL
collection, akin to watching home vidios or movies.. But they spark some
of the best memories.....................ahhhhhhhhh....

And yes there are the times when that small piece of paper can work
MAGIC....( A  distant smile on the face of an old hand  or a look of
wonder in the eyes of a young child as they imagine.....

The card is here to stay, at least in my vote.
If one hates doing the paperwork for a contact then they should find a
QSL  manager or perhaps a different hobby.

73
de
ve6nap at oanet.com
[Gerald Caouette]