[CQ-Contest] Weird IC-765 receive

James P. Cassidy 107770.3462 at compuserve.com
Thu Dec 18 01:34:23 EST 1997

I wonder if anyone has had any experience with a strange receive condition
with an IC-765.  I have had the radio for along time and have never heard
anything like this.  Both Saturday and Sunday mornings of the 10 contest
the cw signals started sounding about T2. And suddenly back to T9.  Only
thing I have heard before like this is with the Noise Blanker on and strong
signals will bring the noise on thru the blanker.  This was there with the
NB off even.  It would cut in and out with the T2 on sigs.  I changed to to
the backup FT-890 and it sounded fine.  In a couple of hours the Ic-765
again sounded normal.

The only theory I can come up with, is maybe a super power CB in the
neighborhood somehow causing this in the 765 but not in the 890 due to
different conversion/IF frequencies, etc.

Any input will be appreciated. 73 Jim KI7Y

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com