[CQ-Contest] re: 1,2,many calls - 1,2,many stations -GUILTY!

Nace Steve SC2720 Nace_Steve_SC2720 at satgate.sat.mot.com
Thu Dec 18 03:35:10 EST 1997

VO1MP wrote:

I really do not understand all this kafuffle about 2 calls.
One option was to use my Club call  , Yes I also have another VO call, just
to give some mults to those who might need 'em., However that's illegal !!

Yup, I'm guilty too!!

Since I now work in Phoenix and 'commute' to Las Cruces, NM nearly every
weekend, I became bored and dropped the ole TS 140 in the car. During SS phone,
I was able to operate 5 1/2 hours while trying to log and stay on the road at
75 mph in the dark.

Anyway, from Phoenix to the NM state line I was N7FO/m, a club call. As I
crossed the NM state line, I became KN5H/m. N7FO made abt 37 QSOs, KN5H made
12.

Hmm, seems the rules say I can use the same call in 2 different sections but
most people will say 'your a dupe, QRZ?' No time to waste on explanations about
mobiling between sections. His software wouldn't log me anyway unless he puts a
/7 or a /5 on the end of my call. More time wasted on explanations. Guess I'm
guilty !!

Boy, I sure feel better now that I have that off my chest.

73 de KN5h

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com