Apologies! (LU6Z QSL affair)

ann at ifn.ing.tu-bs.de ann at ifn.ing.tu-bs.de
Thu Feb 6 13:09:46 EST 1997

Dear Ernesto, dear Alberto and everyone else,

first of all there is some clarification needed why there was a thread
on LU6Z QSLs here on this reflector:

Still waiting for a QSL from LU6Z I posted query about these cards
ON THE QSL REFLECTOR! I received several replies and a message from
LU6BEG that I appreciated very much! He offered his help in obtaining
the QSL card and he NEVER asked for extra money to do this - just
pure Ham Spirit!

I sent a summary to all stations involved (10) and to the people handling
the LU6Z cards. I never sent anything back to the entire reflector.
I also mentioned that I would put in an extra $ for Ernesto but THIS
WAS MY OWN IDEA! I wanted to thank him this way for the effort that
he was going to make.

The GACW people then sent me a reply and it isn't until now that I
get the misunderstanding. They apparently believed that Ernesto had
asked for extra money to do this and the reaction was hotblooded...

Please can we all come down on our seats and fix the following:

 - LU6BEG has offered me his help. He NEVER asked for extra money!
 - It was MY IDEA to include an extra $ for him.
 - The GACW people are very serious and reliable QSLers.
 - GACW does not want to make profit but they spend their time
   and also lots of money for the great expeditions that they
   have run so far.
 - LU1DZ from GACW told me that the Box 9, 1875 Wilde, Argentina
   is ok for everything.

I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY
MY ACTIONS. I HOPE THAT LU6BEG AND GACW CAN GO ON WITH EACH OTHER
BECAUSE IT WAS MY FAULT THAT MADE THEM DISPUTE IN THE PUBLIC.

I hope that this will end the discussion and please remember that this
is not the appropriate forum to discuss these matters.

73 and sri for the bandwidth!  Uli, DL2HBX

 Ulrich Ann (DL2HBX)                   | Internet: ann at ifn.ing.tu-bs.de
 TU Braunschweig                       |           u.ann at tu-bs.de