Sum: CW contest filters

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sun Feb 9 14:05:22 EST 1997

In a message dated 97-02-08 11:45:34 EST, aa7bg at 3rivers.net (K7BG Matt Trott)
writes:

>Thanks very much for all the responses regarding CW Contest filters.
>Of course, many contestors mentioned they have both 250 and 500 Hz filters.

    While I don't have much to add to your CW filter discussion (I'm in the
400/500 kHz camp), I would like to put in a plug for the International Radio
and Computer after-market filters.  I've used them in a couple of radios and
they are FABULOUS.  Much better than the KW, Yaesu, ICOM oem filters; steeper
skirts, more rejection and little blowby.  My advice is to skip the oem
filters and invest in the IRC's; they're well worth it!

    In my Kenwood TS-940 the ssb filters have made an incredible improvement
to the usefulness of the slope tuning.  While it's easy to narrow the
bandwidth and take out the close stuff on the high end, the low cut now takes
out the growling on the low end.  All of the filters do a marvelous job of
slicing and dicing interference.  Highly recommended!

    Sometimes they are not easy to get ahold of and sometimes their customer
service may not be as good as you'd like, but the overall experience is
positive - as are the products.  The latest number I have is 407-489-5609.

73,  Steve  K7LXC