CQ WPX CW Weekend

ve2zp at bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org ve2zp at bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org
Mon Feb 10 03:42:30 EST 1997

Here is yet another vote in favour of moving the WPX CW weekend to April.

To answer KG5U's question, no, Canada does not celebrate "Memorial Day."  What
is it that you folks in the US are remembering?

As for the potential conflict with Easter, well, they don't move the WPX SSB
contest to accomodate Easter (they coincide this year), and that contest hasn't
disappeared.  I see no reason to make a pre-emptive adjustment for the WPX CW
even if CQ agrees to move it.

To return to the subject at hand, we all know conditions are usually poor in
late May.  Re-scheduling at a month earlier improves our chances of having
better conditions, and better conditions means more fun for everyone.

73, Dave VE2ZP/VE9CB
Packet: VE2ZP at VA3TCP.#EON.ON.CAN.NOAM
InterNet: ve2zp at va3tcp.ampr.org