[CQ-Contest] TS-850 problem

John Bednar jkbe at aloft.micro.lucent.com
Thu Jul 3 10:02:34 EDT 1997

I was using my TS-850 last night and the display went
nuts. At the same time the receiver went dead. Power cycling
the rig brought it back to life but
the microprocessor reset all memorys. Since then the rig
works sometimes fine, sometimes it poops out several minutes
after power-up, sometimes it won't power-up (display very
dim, RX dead). I've performed the power-on reset several times.

Are these all symptoms of a dead battery on the CPU board? Something
tells me once the rig powers up functional the backup
battery isn't being used.

Has anyone had similar problems with their TS-850?

John, K3CT
jkbe at lucent.com

 -
 ---