[CQ-Contest] Kid's Day Contest
n6tr at teleport.com
Tue Jun 17 10:50:03 EDT 1997
Just a reminder:
Kid's Day Operating Event
Sponsored by the Boring Amateur Radio Club
1. Purpose: The Kid's Day Operating Event is intended to encourage
activity by younger people (licensed or not) using Amateur Radio.
The goal is give unlicensed young people some hands-on experience
on-the-air, so they might develop an interest in pursuing a license
in the future. It is also intended to give hams a chance to share
their station with their children.
2. Dates: 21 June 1997 and 3 January 1998.
3. Time: 1800Z to 2400Z. No limit on operating time.
4. Suggested exchange: Name, age, location and favorite color. You
are encouraged to work the same station again if either operator
has changed. Call "CQ KIDS DAY".
5. Suggested Frequencies: 14270 to 14300 kHz and 7200 to 7250 kHz.
Be sure to observe third party traffic restrictions when making DX
6. Reporting: Logs, comments and funny stories may be posted via the
internet to kids at contesting.com. You may review these postings by
visiting http://www.contesting.com/kids/ with your web browser.
Those without internet access may forward their comments to the
Boring Amateur Radio Club and they will be posted for them. A
summary of the postings will also be sent with your participation
7. Awards: All participants are eligible to receive a colorful certificate.
These will be sent to all stations participating shortly after the
8. More details may be obtained from the Boring Amateur Radio Club
at the above address or at http://www.jzap.com/k7rat/.
CQ-Contest on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com
More information about the CQ-Contest