[CQ-Contest] DXBase 97 -- Getting Even Better!

tgstewart at pepco.com tgstewart at pepco.com
Mon Jun 23 11:02:24 EDT 1997

Maybe I'm the only one, but while I really liked DOS DXbase as a product,
I've been unhappy with the support.

I shelled out what I consider above average bucks at Dayton for version 4.5
(2 years ago?).  Shortly afterward they started selling an upgrade which
provided FT1000MP support and some other minor features for something like
$35 if I remember correctly.  I really resent being nickel and dimed to
death.  I cant fault any software manufacturer for collecting new money for
major upgrades, but interim bug fixes, new radio interfaces, database
updates, and things of that nature should be free or just $5 for shipping
or whatever. They should also be available in a very timely manner.
Actually in this day and age, if you are a software vendor and dont have
some form of easy online support, you dont deserve to "live".

 I'm still using v4.5, but I'm in the process of switching over to DX4WIN.
Their package is very powerful and versatile, with online support, and a
reasonable purchase price with lots of free upgrades/fixes.  In addition,
they are readily available via internet for any technical problems.

73, Tyler K3MM

"...have you had your Daily DX today?"

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com