[CQ-Contest] TS-940S QSK

William Scholz w1hij at contesting.com
Fri May 2 10:33:46 EDT 1997

a quick query---

Using my TS940S QSK, I'm beginning to experience a problem. Occasionally
(apparently at random) the TR-relay (or something else) seems to open
prematurely and let's what sounds like about a 10 ms burst of RF through to
the rcvr front end. Seems to be a function of cw speed (more often when
above 28 or 30 WPM). Using a bug rather than a keyer.

Anyone else experienced this? Have a fix? It's a 7,000,000 series serial
number, and gets quite a bit of use. Feeding antennas through an MFJ 941E
tuner (SWR < 1.5:1) and not using the tuner in the 940.The burst is fast
enough that I can't see any jump in other meter indications.

Any and all ideas are welcome--- direct to W1HIJ at contesting.com please.

73 TIA de Bill, W1HIJ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com