[CQ-Contest] 6 meters in an HF contest?

George C. Cook george at epix.net
Thu May 8 12:55:55 EDT 1997

  Every peice of information that I can find says that 6 meters is a VHF
band.

  Why would anyone even consider including it in an HF contest?
  More so why would anyone consider putting it in a single band contest
10
  meters?

  Hey how about the 160/6 meter contest!  Thats a good idea too!
  Or perhaps adding 20 meters into the VHF contest I like that then I
could
  participate in
  a VHF contest and maybe win on a single band entry!

  Yes single band 20 meter in the VHF contest.

  I refuse to subscribe to any sort of consipracy theory but to get on 6
  meters competitively I would:

  1 Need to modify my antenna system
  2 Get an amplifier built for 6 meters
  3 Get a radio for 6 meters
  4 Try to remember the band edges

  All kinding asside I would definately support a single band 6 meter
contest
  ala the 10 and 160 tests.
  And I might even participate in that one.

  Flames are OK but keep your SPAM to yourself

  George
*George Cook.....AA3JU.....AKA "The Ratman" *
*george at epix.net.....AA3JU@W3PYF            *
*http://www.epix.net/~george                *
*Proudly Frankford Radio Club.........      *
*.......Proficiency Through Competiton.     *
*"Not just words but a way of life"         *

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com