No subject

Patrick G. Doyle ka2gsl at juno.com
Mon May 12 23:00:07 EDT 1997

I own a TS440S.  I recently went to the Heil ProSet headphones.  I
believe that I can hear the radio's frequency control microprocessor.
The sound is noticeable whether the AF gain is at  zero to the point
where the volume covers up the noise.

After noticing it with the ProSet, I listened more carefully with the old
headphones and the speaker.  The noise noticeable through the speaker and
I can hear it through the old headphones if I listen for it.  It tends to
be annoying, and a fatigue contributor, after operating awhile.

Any other 440s owners experience anything like this?  Any cures?

Pat, KA2GSL

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com