[CQ-Contest] Re: Optimum Keyer Speed for WPX

Randy Thompson k5zd at ultranet.com
Mon May 26 17:50:38 EDT 1997

Jim - I didn't mean to make this a Europe vs US thing.

The point of a contest is to get the information across.  I agree that it is
much easier to copy if the other guy sends the exchange in the expected format.
I listen for 5NN and then expect 3 digits.  Unfortunately, K1EA's CT software
does not include the leading zeroes so you have to put up with only one or two
digits until the other guy gets over 100!

As for dropping the leading zero in the CQWW exchange, this is not the same.
 The point of the contest is to exchange the zone number.  Nowhere in the rules
does it say the 'two-digit' zone number! The way the contest is constructed, it
almost doesn't matter what the other station sends.  You know what zone they
will be in (except for UA9's and many W's!).

This is a fun thread.

Randy, K5ZD

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com