[CQ-Contest] Re: Cut Numbers

py2yp at pobox.com py2yp at pobox.com
Wed May 28 11:22:26 EDT 1997

Martin Ellis wrote:

> Question 1.
> -----------
> We program F2 to read 5NN #, where CT inserts the
> progressive serial number for the # symbol.
> On air, CT does not send the leading zeros
> for the contacts below 100.
>  eg: contact 037, CT will send 5NN 37
> Does this meet the *spirit* of the rules,
> Or did the author miss something?

Hi Martin,

By this time you've already gotten several replies. Just in case, you
may try to load CT using the switches, there are severals avaiable,
please refer to the Command Line Switches topic in the CT manual, anyhow
here are some:
	-D 	Load the MASTER.DTA file
	-NOW	Ready to fire up. Skip over the pauses in the information sheet.
	-LZ	Enable leading zeroes function
	-L 	Use limited colors. Useful for laptops
As CT does use the computer clock for logging it is mandatory to set the
computer clock to GMT time. To make things a little bit easier I've
written a batch file to load CT.
Here it is (I named it LOADCT.BAT)
	@ECHO OFF
	CLS
	ECHO WARNING!!!
	ECHO Set the computer clock to GMT time
	TIME
	CLS
	PAUSE
	COMTSR2 -P2 -B2400 -I3 -N81
	CT WPX97CW -now -d -lz
I've also written another batch file to unload the COMTSR and set the
clock to local time, I named it UNLOADCT.BAT:
	@ECHO OFF
	CLS
	ECHO WARNING!!!
	ECHO Set the computer clock to your local time.
	TIME
	CLS
	ECHO Don't forget to write the log and save the BIN file!
	PAUSE
	COMTSR2 -U

73 DX de PY2YP - Cesar
(ZZ2Z in the contests)