[CQ-Contest] Practice of sending "?"

george fremin iii geoiii at bga.com
Fri Nov 7 23:21:00 EST 1997

>> I come across another station and catch the last letter of his call and the
>> letters "SS".
>> I send "?", shorthand for asking him to please repeat just his call (NOT
>> his entire CQ, as so many do.)
>
>Not to pick on John, and maybe I'm missing something here (if so, I'm sure
>someone will point it out!), but I don't particularly like this
practice.

You are not missing anything - I aggree with you - and to add to
it many folks send a "?" when they are looking for a place
to call CQ - so I always send my entire CQ message if
I hear a lone "?" .

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.                 "Eight is enough."
geoiii at bga.com
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com