[CQ-Contest] W3AB LP/A SSB SS

George Badger geo at mbari.org
Tue Nov 18 09:26:48 EST 1997

Call used: W3AB
Category : Single Op All Band
Op's Call: W3AB
Report   : XXXA W3AB 60 SCV

Hours of operation: 9'16" of very casual operating. Busy building
my                     wife's new office

116 q's X 61 multi's = 14,152 pts from 20, 15 and 10M only. WAC (Worked
All Canada)

Conditions: TS-850S @ 100W, KT-34XA @ 60', solar/battery power only.

This was my first contest and I had fun. Everyone was very courteous.
This is one of the things I remember about ham radio when I was first
licensed. I had 2 goals, to work 100 q's and to try a sweep. Well I got
the former and lost the latter, probably cause I don't have 40M and 80M
capability right now. Got all  what were thought to be the hard multi's,
NL, PQ, AK, WY and such but no OR and the home state sections were
downright impossible. Too much fun! See you all next time.
--
      / If you understand it,  \
          | |  | | \  '.
       GEO de Soquel