[CQ-Contest] EMI/RFI

Fred Roberts froberts at pe.net
Tue Nov 18 12:27:19 EST 1997

Ivo Pezer, 5B4ADA/9A3A wrote in part ...

> Also bad telephone interference on some telephones, mostly when
> operate QRO
> SSB.  Filters help, but how many I'll have to buy?>??

Ivo-  Regarding the telephone interference, I found the best solution
was to wind the wire (the one between the telephone and the wall) around
a toroid (about 3cm diameter) as many times as would fit.  One worked
pretty well, two in series solved the problem.

When the homes (one story high) in my area were originally built, the
telephone company ran wire bundles all across the attic area which seems
to work as a very good antenna.  My antenna is only 10 meters from this
telephone wiring.

73- Fred, W6TKV

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com