[CQ-Contest] When somebody busts your call? and dupes

Fatchett, Mike Fatchett.Mike at TCI.com
Tue Nov 25 16:27:26 EST 1997

> I did have one operator insist that we QSOed before. He even gave me the
> time of the QSO. I searched for it and found I had the prefix wrong.
> Remember that calls may not be in the computer because the OPERATOR put
> them in wrong.... I appreciate when someone takes the time to correct QSO
> information.

This is the precise reason I will normally log a dupe.  If in doubt log
it again.  Why fight over the Q?  Most people seem to have computer
logging and dupes have gone way down.  I would rather work the dupes and
not have other stations afraid to call me because we make them feel bad
because it is a dupe.

Mike
W0MU

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com