[CQ-Contest] SS check

frenaye at pcnet.com frenaye at pcnet.com
Wed Nov 26 17:51:37 EST 1997

When I checked logs at ARRL (about 20 years ago) the only thing we asked
for is that someone use the same check throughout the contest.  No one was
DQ'd or reduced in score for using the year of first license of the
station owner, or club station, or anything else.  The preference is YOUR
year of first license, and if multi-op, just select the one that is
easiest to send/copy.

I suspect the policy hasn't changed.  But, anyone really wanting to know
should send an e-mail message to contests at arrl.org and ask.  No need for
several broadcast messages to more than a 1000 cq-contest subscribers. If
you get an answer different than mine, please let us all know though!

			73 Tom

PS: Similarly, I don't think anyone ever DQ'd a Russian entry for saying
they were running 200 watts in the ARRL DX Contest either (or in CQWW for
saying zone 17 when it is really zone 16...).

E-mail: frenaye at pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com