[CQ-Contest] Proximity to other contest stn

Randy Thompson k5zd at ultranet.com
Sun Oct 12 17:28:04 EDT 1997

I have been through this situation in several cases.

One mile separation is not enough!  K1IU and I almost killed each other
until I moved away.

Two miles is OK, but not great.  W1RZF (x-WA2TIF) lives 2 miles due
northeast of me and we bother each other pretty bad within 20 Khz.

Five miles is not bad.  W2SC lived 5 miles northeast of me and we could
co-exist within 5 Khz or so.  We did a number of DX contests without
incident.

Go for the place!  It is way to hard to find good locations and 5 miles
should be acceptable.  When you are both beaming EU you won't have a
problem at all on the upper bands.

Randy, K5ZD

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com