[CQ-Contest] Telephone Interference

Woods, Eric D pb-Edwoods edwoods at pbsac01.isp.pacbell.com
Tue Oct 28 10:54:00 EST 1997

Errrrrr.  Make sure that your signal is or is not present in the regular
telephones associated with that line.  The susceptibility may be in the
modem or the telephone instruments rather than the telephone company cable
or drop.

You can check this by using a proven rf immune telephone set connected
either at the normal jack inside the house or at the customer access point
of the SNI (Standard Network Interface) mounted at the side of your house
with the inside wire disconnected.

Have someone listen while you're transmitting.  If the noise is present on
that particular telephone, then you can blame the serving telephone
company's outside plant.  Otherwise, the trouble is either the modem,
telephone, or inside wire.

In fact, that's probably where it is.

Eric, K6GV
edwoods at pacbell.com

Intending to make much interference this weekend on SS CW.   GO River City
Contesters