[CQ-Contest] cq trophy's

Dainius Savicius LY1DS at omnitel.net
Sat Sep 20 13:20:25 EDT 1997

At 01:41 1997.09.20 +0300, you wrote:
>Quite often we can see in CQ Magazine photo's where shown presentation of
various CQ WW DX, CQ WW WPX Contest trophys.
>Members of the Kaunas University of Technology Radio Club (formerly Kaunas
Polytechnic Institute RC - the first contest club in Lithuania,founded
>41 years ago) won number of such trophys in various CQ Contests.
Unfortunately, most of them never arrived. One of our members met CQ WW
Contest Director K3EST in Friedrichshafen (Germany) two years ago and
aknowledged him with the situation. Some six months later we have send an
>official clubs request to Contest Director. Our request was ignored again.
>I wonder what other contesters and especially Contest trophy Donors think
>about this?
>The list is as follous:
> 1. 1981  CQ WW WPX CW  SOAB Europe  UP2NK
>     donor TF3CW
> 2. 1981  CQ WW WPX CW  MOST World    UK2PCR
>     donor N4KE
> 3. 1982  CQ WW DX SSB   Contest Expedition World MO   EW6V
>     donor "The YASME Award"
> 4. 1982  CQ WW DX CW    Contest Expedition World MO   EW6V
>     donor K2TT
> 5. 1983  CQ WW DX CW     SOSB World-1.8 MHz- UP2BBT/U6V
>     donor K7JA
> 6. 1984  CQ WW WPX CW  MOMT World    RP3P
>     donor North Florida DX Assn.
> 7. 1984  CQ WW DX CW     SOSB  World-3.5 MHz  UP2NK/UF
>     donor K6SSS
> 8. 1985  CQ WW WPX CW  SOSB  World-3.5 MHz  UP2NK/UF
>     donor Lance Johnson Eng.
> 9. 1985  CQ WW DX CW      MOMT World    RF3V

Most of these trophies are (was, at least) in Moscow
hanged up on a walls at Krenkel Central Radio Club!

73,  LY1DS

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com