[CQ-Contest] Summary of 1000D vs 1000MP responses
nt5c at easy.com
Thu Sep 25 01:36:41 EDT 1997
Thanks for all the responses!
The consensus? - both fine rigs, but...
- MP more modern technology, lighter weight
- MP has better receiver (several thought that);
D poorer re intermod (do new switching diodes help?)
- MP with its DSP has better noise reduction capability (2)
- MP very flexible via software menu
- MP has "too many flashing lights", 775 is easier to use
- "Don't like knobs on MP"
- Some seepage of light on MP's LCD display
- Dual in-band rx of MP quite adequate for DXing,
though contesters may need dual crossband rx of D
- 200W output of D can save you an amp (? - not if you like 1500W!)
- The Kachina 505 has better filters than both
(attaboy Larry, N7DD!)
Overall, the MP was preferred to the D, at least for SSB.
Thanks again to everyone who replied.
CQ-Contest on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com
More information about the CQ-Contest