[CQ-Contest] Telnet to Clusters

Bill Turner, W7TI wrt at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 2 00:18:56 EST 1998

On Wed, 01 Apr 1998 09:37:50 -0600, KF9YL <efl at interaccess.com> wrote:

>Thanks to all sysops for providing the telnet connections to the DX
>clusters. Can someone clarify how it works.
>
>I was told that if you disconnect (or are disconnect) and then
>reconnect, because of time limits on the systems, you could possibly be
>denied access because the system still "thinks" you are still connected.

If you disconnect by just dropping the connection, then the system
will think you are still connected UNTIL it tries to send you
something (like a DX spot) and it gets no answer.  Then it will
disconnect you.  On the other hand, if you disconnect in the usual
manner, it will be aware immediately.

73, Bill W7TI

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com