[CQ-Contest] Re: Hara Arena, secondary?

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at ij.net
Sun Apr 12 15:19:53 EDT 1998

So, like, your supposed to leave the Crowne Plaza???????????????

Wow - that's right - when you recover from the night before (not) you use
those honed contesting skills, including the ability to stay awake and
deprive yourself of sleep for days at Dayton!

I think that everything other than the comradery are frills anyhow - I have
many a year gone and not seen exhibitor one!  When  I go to Dayton it is to
tell tales with friends of over 25 years of contesting...I basically go to
schmooze in the Stouffers...ooops Crowne Plaza.

Of course this is usually directly linked to the fact that I shot my dinero
on getting there in the first place so why look at something I can't
afford!  I find it useful when I do hit the booths to update my catalogue
collection...these days the catalogues have www addresses on them so it
saves going to the search engine to find their web page :-)

In the event you do go....remember to be prepared with ammo for the bs
sessions at the hotel, you can do that by remembering that:

its less than two weeks 'til the Florida QSO Party!  Did you win....was
K4OJ pw mobile or what!

73, see you in the FQP

Jim, K4OJ

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

What's an FQP? The Florida Contest Group is pleased to announce the
rebirth of the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com