[CQ-Contest] Fw: DX & Contesting Forums Outrage

K7LXC K7LXC at aol.com
Sat Apr 18 12:08:25 EDT 1998

In a message dated 98-04-17 23:25:04 EDT, weightdn at bright.net writes:

> >It is true, the DX and Contest forums will be at Meadowdale High School.
>  >It is not possible to use the previous room arrangement for 1998.  It
takes
>  >considerable changes in the wiring in the ceiling to set up the room.  It
>  >is not certain we can still obtain the necessary permits to do the work.
>  >The heavy duty theater drapes used to form the room are in need of
cleaning
>  >and repair.

      Huh? They couldn't clean the drapes the OTHER 51 weeks during the year?
Considerable change in the ceiling wiring? They'd done just that every other
year in the past. With all due respect to the gargantuan efforts of the event
organizers, these sound like pretty light-weight rationalizations. What's
REALLY going on? Creeping paranoia? Jeez, I'm starting to sound like W7NI.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com