[CQ-Contest] WPX scoring changes

Rick Dougherty NQ4I NQ4I at compuserve.com
Sat Apr 18 11:30:38 EDT 1998

Well its time to put in my $.02 worth also...we have operated the wpx cw and ssb
 test in the multi multi category for the past 6 or 7 years..on an average we have had
200 plus stateside ops not only work us on one band but they have managed to get
the full sweep..ie they have us on all the bands...if you multiply the previously wasted effort
by the number of qso's...we had over 480 duplicate-duplicate qso's...at least now with the
the advent of a next years rule change ...we will get some credit for the qso...

I for one think this will help the over all wpx contest...I am not competing against
other areas in the world anyway..
I don't have a real opinion one way or the other about 30 vs 36 vs 48 hours...but
shortening doesn't seem like the way to go..

once again my $.02 worth

de Rick NQ4I

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com