[CQ-Contest] CQWW zero point QSOs

Richard L. King k5na at bga.com
Tue Aug 4 17:03:20 EDT 1998

At 07:17 AM 8/4/98 -0700, N5IA wrote:

>THE REAL ISSUE IS TO GET RID OF THE GREAT NUMBER OF ZERO (0) POINT CONTACTS!

I agree. This situation is becoming a serious problem. The CQWW folks need
to do one of two courses of action. Either:

1. Discourage zero point QSOs by disallowing multiplier credit for any QSOs
that have a QSO point value of zero.

or:

2. Allow one point for all same county QSOs.

I really don't care how they fix the problem. But it is just plain stupid
for a contest to force QSOs to be made where the point value of the QSO is
signific for one station and a total waste of time for the other station.

73, Richard

K5NA at BGA.COM
http://www.realtime.net/~k5na

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com