[CQ-Contest] NAQP - Power Ruling Announcement

K7bv at aol.com K7bv at aol.com
Fri Aug 14 14:14:42 EDT 1998

Friends,
After careful consideration of all the comments generously offered by the
Knowing and the Know-Nots, we have arrived at a solution to the NAQP power
concern.

Effective with the 1999 running of the NAQP contests, operators will be
limited to a maximum ERP power level.  We will announce that limit as soon as
we can properly respond to the Doug K1DG's suggestion: "... maybe we need a
category called "momentarily illegal"...like "temporary insanity"?

I personally can identify with the later categories -- I am considering
entering it from this day forth (some say the decision has already been
made...)

Just kidding -- thanks for all the comments.  I am sure our esteemed NAQP
admin team will have a well thought out response to this thread before the '99
running of the NAQP contests.

Your humble NCJ Editor,
Dennis Motschenbacher K7BV

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com